As a preferred insurance company, we understand that filing a claim is not only stressful but can seem difficult to do. These unforeseen events cause more than just damage but also leave you feeling hopeless. We want to let you know that help is available.
When discovering a potential claim at your home, we would like to remind you of some tips that’ll make the process easier:
- Call your insurance company right away, do not wait for the risk or damage to become bigger
- If you find water has started to cause damage or has flooded any space in your house, shut the water off immediately
- If you don’t remember your policy number, it’s okay! We have other methods of finding your policy with us
- Do not call a third party to clean-up, patch or inspect conditions without contacting your insurance first
- Keep records such as receipts, photos and videos of your items within your home
- Always hire licensed contractors to perform work on your home, this is for your protection