Switching home insurance typically involves a few steps. Here’s a general guide to help you through the process:
- Review your current policy: Take the time to understand your existing home insurance policy. Make note of the coverage, deductibles, limits, and any additional features or endorsements you have.
- Assess your insurance needs: Evaluate your current situation to determine if your insurance needs have changed. Consider factors such as the value of your home, any renovations or additions, and changes in personal circumstances. This will help you find the right coverage when comparing insurance providers.
- Get quotes: Contact multiple insurance providers to get quotes for comparable coverage based on your needs. You can usually request quotes online or by calling their customer service. Provide accurate information to get an accurate quote.
- Purchase the new policy: Finalize the switch by purchasing the new home insurance policy. Provide all required information and make the necessary payment to initiate the coverage. Ensure there is no gap in coverage during the transition.
- Notify your current insurer and cancel the old policy: Once you have your new policy in place, contact your previous insurer to cancel your old policy effective from the start date of your new policy. Confirm the cancellation process and any potential refund you might be eligible for. Keep proof of cancellation for your records.
To get a quote or discuss how we can help you with switching, call us at (800) 234-2103 or get a free 30 second quote on westernmutual.com.