Knowing how to save energy doesn’t just mean turning off all the lights and having the thermostat set to an ideal temperature; but learning how some small changes could also save you big money this winter season.
Here are some helpful tips on staying warm without burning a hole in your pocket:
- Use weather stripping, quilted curtains and draft stoppers on your doors to insulate your home to help keep the heat in.
- Set thermostat as low as comfortably possible, try using layered clothes and blankets as oppose to raising the thermostat temperature
- Unplug all appliances and electronics that are easy to plug in and use when needed such as phone chargers, coffee makers, hair tools and gaming systems.
- Replace the heater’s filter as often as recommended by the manufacturer
- Have air vents professionally cleaned to ensure that the maximum air flow is entering the home