Spring is a great time to review your home for any minor repairs needed after the storms and cold of winter. While some may require the assistance of professionals, these tasks can help you get your home ready to safely enjoy Summer and outdoor fun!
- Clean gutters and downspouts – remove any dried leaves or debris, make any needed minor repairs, and ensure water is easily running through and away from the home and foundation.
- Repair damaged walkways and outside areas – Look for cracks, holes and other hazards and schedule repairs before BBQ season is in full swing.
- Check sprinkler and irrigation systems for leaks or damaged sprinkler heads. Make sure none are spraying the home or windows as this can cause moisture problems.
- Trim back broken or dead tree branches, especially any hanging close or over the home.
- Test all CO2 and smoke alarms and change batteries where needed.
- Schedule HVAC system service if needed and change any filters.
- Check screen doors and windows for any tears or holes to help keep those summer bugs out.