Here comes the rain! Is your home as prepared as it could be to handle the rain and storms of fall and winter? Here are a few easy tasks that can help protect your home from damage during heavy rains.
- Clean out your gutters and downspouts. All those falling leaves from the year can clog up your gutters and prevent your home from successfully draining away excess water, potentially leading to leaks.
- Take a look at skylights, windows, doorframes for any noticeable water entry or deterioration. if necessary reseal any window or doorframes. These will fare much better if addressed before a big storm!
- Have a licensed roofer take a look at your roof for any potential leaks and replace any missing or damaged tiles. This could save you from a time consuming and costly roof leak or water loss.
- Trim away any overhanging trees or shrubs that could cause house damage in winds an rain.
- Always have an emergency kit including flashlights on hand in case of loss of power.
If you want to review your coverages or policy information, visit our Customer Service Center at https://www.westernmutual.com/policy or call us at (800) 234-2103.