Taking care of your home on a consistent basis can be time consuming, but cost saving and useful in the long run. Staying on top of home maintenance will help foster a safe, healthy and comfortable home for you and your family. We are here to help with a to-do list broken down into when and how often they should be completed.
Quarterly to-do list
- Check for pests and look for possible entry points into your home.
- Deep clean kitchen.
- Look for leaks around toilets and sinks.
- Inspect grout and caulking in shower and tubs.
Twice a year to-do list
- Wash windows and screens.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Clean gutters and downspouts.
Annual to-do list
- Have a licensed roofer inspect roof for damaged or loose shingles.
- Clean out dryer vent.
- Defrost freezer.
- Power wash and reseal deck.
- Have chimney inspected and cleaned.
- Check weather stripping around windows and doors.
- Flush water heater.
Always know where your main water shutoff and gas shutoff are in case of emergency.
For more tips or to learn about our A rated home insurance, visit http://www.westernmutual.com.