The holiday season is a time for being together with family and friends while making memories that will last a lifetime. This time of year is also a reminder to be grateful for what we have and thankful that we are able to celebrate it with loved ones. Western Mutual Insurance Group would like to extend the warmest of all wishes to all of our insured’s and their families. Our sincerest gratitude for allowing us to protect your home for over 75 years and hopefully for many more years to come.
As we head into these colder months, here are things that will help you prepare for your home for winter.
- Check your spouts and gutters, clear them of any debris to ensure proper drainage
- Clean chimney and have spark arrestor replaced, this will reduce the chance of an ember fire
- Test your smoke and CO2 alarms, this may sound obvious but many homeowner’s forget
- Shut down you sprinkler system and drain faucets, this avoids freezing and pipe breakages
- Check trees, clear any overhanging branches and remove leaves from roof gutters
- Be prepared with flashlights and batteries, cold weather can sometimes bring power outages
We hope you stay safe and warm this season!