This month we raise awareness for the innocent lives lost due to preventable and unintentional injuries. Thousands of children are harmed each year in scenarios where simple safety measures can reduce or avoid the risk.
We would like to remind you of some safety tips you can implement at home;
- If you have small children or toddlers, install child locks on cabinets and drawers
- Secure large furniture items such as dressers and vanities to the wall to prevent it from tipping over onto the child
- Keep cleaning supplies, chemicals, medicines and any toxic substances up high and out of reach
- Be aware of bodies of water anywhere you go, if you have a pool at home install door alarms or a self-latching fence around the pool for extra security
- Always check on children especially toddlers who are on the move. It only takes seconds for something to go wrong