With all the school closings due to Coronavirus concern, many parents have found themselves home with their children for an extended staycation, without much time to prepare. Here are some fun activity ideas to do with your kids to help keep them distracted and entertained. Many of these can also apply to adults getting stir crazy at home alone or with your partner, just add a glass of wine if needed.
- Bake! Bake your favorite family cookie recipe with your kids. Don’t have a favorite recipe on hand? Bake some homemade chocolate cookies using the recipe on the back of Tollhouse chocolate chips bags. Most, if not all ingredients are standard so you may not need to run out for any extra ingredients.
- Have a movie marathon. Make some popcorn and line up a few of your favorite family movies for enjoyment.
- Make a scavenger hunt. Hide educational or just fun clues around the house and sit back and enjoy the show. This is a great way to get your kids moving around the house between movie marathons.
- Family games tournament. Yachtzee! Uno! Battleship! Start a family games tournament for hours of entertainment. Video games and puzzles are great too!
- Build an indoor camp or fort and go camping in your very own living room! Or in the backyard for some fresh air if you have outdoor space and weather cooperates.