Security is an important aspect of daily life for any homeowner. Your home is where you and your loved ones reside, pets roam and valuables are stored. Keeping with the motto of “it is better to be safe than sorry,” we advise you and your family to familiarize yourselves with some home safety and security tips below. Be prepared and beat home invaders at their game!
- Recently purchase a new home? Don’t forget to change your locks to unwanted guests who may have a copy of the key!
- Make sure your wiring is concealed at home as burglars look for them to cut, disable and illegally enter your home.
- Did you know that burglars like to stake out homes from the safety of large hedges and brush? Eliminate this vantage point and protect your home!
- Are you using the typical hiding spots to conceal your valuables when you are away from home? Get creative and beat burglars at their game!
- Leaving on a vacation? Create the illusion that someone is at home while you are away at play!
- Check to make sure all doors and windows have reliable locks to keep out unwanted visitors! For sliders, place a piece of wood or metal bar the same length as the track of the door in the grooves for extra security!
- Keep drapes and blinds shut so burglars can’t window shop from your front lawn!
- Always look outside before opening the door, especially if you hear weird noises in the middle of the night.
- Have friends or neighbors be on the lookout for packages, newspapers or trash bins left out in front of your home as they are clear signs of your absence!
Do you have any home safety and security tips you would like to add? Please share them in the comments below!